Sunday, March 29, 2009

Welcome to the Crush!


Welcome to Cake Crush. When naming the blog, I wanted to come up with a word (combined with cake of course) that described both the art of cakeing - and the spirit in which I approach cakes. So I came up with "crush" Crushing on a particular object or pattern and making it into a cake and also feeling crushed by cake sometimes - the Crush of the rush of cakeing - how it gets very intense at the end of the week sometimes with last minute orders and my inability to both say no and do a lesser job - I always go full tilt. I would say that I Crush on other people's art when it comes to cake as well - I constantly work on my technique and vision to try to get better. So here goes - not sure where it will take me but check back and I'll share my cakes of the week, as well as revisit older cakes and techniques.

1 comment: