Monday, March 30, 2009

Crushin on Vegas, Baby


Anyone who knows me knows I love Vegas - you eat well, sleep all day, shop hysterically and then go home, more tired than when you came but happy. I woke up this morning just dreaming about hearing the pop of the bellagio fountains and the bargains to be had at the Williams Sonoma Outlet in Primm. Oh, gambling, well, that's not really my thing, I got it out of my system in Vermont (but that is another story and certainly not about cake although I have done a red barn but I digress). I was thrilled when couple weeks back a wonderful supporter of my art in cakes asked me to do a dice cake.
What fun this cake was! Poker chips bear the anniversary couples initials and cards that are "blackjack" have a picture of them - it was their 21st anniversary. What's inside? My current favorite filling - vanilla bean cake with bananas foster filling and whipped cream cheese frosting - YUM!!

But it doesn't end there - this past weekend I was asked to do another "21" themed cake inspired by Vegas for twins Nick & Jen:


Asked to make a little bit feminine, red roses definitely fit the bill. I carved the cake to elongate the lines and make it seem taller. What's inside? Red Velvet Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting - taking the "red" theme to a new level. Oh what I would give to be getting in a car and driving the three short hours from Big Bear to Vegas - but since its not "in the cards" I'll just have to content myself with playing with cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment