Monday, April 6, 2009

Crushing on: SPRING


I know I know this is supposed to be about cakes and things edible but there's something about Spring in the air that you can almost taste. I took a ride with my friend Vicki and her sister Calli and kids to the Daffodil Garden just south of Running Springs. Started fourty years ago by a woman and her husband (and planted by them) daffodils cover the hillside and bobbed gently in the warm breeze. I'm actually sighing as I write this it was so beautiful, with only the buzzing of bees and tinkling wind chimes to disturb the peace. Even the visitors seem to know its a place of quiet, lowering their voices and just taking it all in. The really sad fact: this is the LAST YEAR and I just got to see it. I wanted to share pictures and invite anyone who's coming up to Big Bear Lake to go -it closes this weekend FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment