Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sugar Pine Bake Shop

What a Summer! I can't believe its been almost four months and to be honest, it flew by! Lots of cakes, lots of summer nights out on the lake and finally, a decision to go "brick and mortar". For those of you who didn't know, I've spent the last three years creating my edible art in a very small "studio" kitchen (its also where I cook Jim dinner each night :) So in August, with my wonderful husband's assistance, we decided to take the plunge and lease a building in Big Bear Lake that coincidentially has been a bakery for the last 30 years, the past three unsuccessfully. But we are going to change that and bring my particular brand of fresh baked goodness to Big Bear Lake. Announcing the Sugar Pine Bake Shop, opening in October. I'll post updates as the progress continues and let you in on the process of giving the bakery a much needed retail makeover. To see a full size version of the flyer - go to the shops website: http://www.sugarpinebakeshop.com

1 comment:

  1. Their bakery items are pretty good, but on jan 1st I came in at 9:00 am on my way back to Los angeles to pick up some treats to take back home and was treated very rudely by an older lady there. She told me they were still closed even though the sigh said they open at 8:00 am. She begrudgingly sold me pastries anyway, as she struggled to get the box together as she said she did not have her coffee yet. She asked me where I was from and then gave a negative comment about it, making me feel worse about leaving my short vacation. I gave her a fifty dollar bill for a pretty large order and she griped about that as well. When I left I realized she over charged me about $1.75. I talked to Trish the owner and told her about this, all she did was stick up for her employee, I will never return to her bakery. I guess that is Big Bear mountain people for you.

    ReplyDelete